Water-The Force that drives The Earth

Sources of Water-

71% of the Earth’s surface is covered by Water and 29% by the Land.

           The major sources of Water are the Oceans,Rivers,Lakes.

   96.5% water is Ocean and remaining 3.5% is locked up in the form of Glaciers as well as Lakes.Less than 1% of that Water is Fresh water that can be used for drinking. If you could melt all that ice Glaciers,the sea levels would rise to an altitude of 2.7 km.

 

001

002

 

Importance of Water-

   Some of the Earth’s water supply is temporarily locked up within the many lifeforms found across the Earth’s biosphere. This water makes up a majority of most organisms, and is a critical component, making the processes of life possible. Some organisms are made up of 95% water, while almost all the rest are more than half water.

003

 

         Firstly, it is the only substance on Earth that is in liquid form at the temperatures commonly found on the Surface of our planet. Secondly, it is a superb solvent, meaning that other substances regularly and easily dissolve into it. This allows water to carry nutrients to cells, and carry waste away from them.

In addition, water has the unique property of expanding as it freezes. Because water expands becoming less dense, frozen water, more commonly known as ice, floats. This is very important because it protects the water underneath, insulating it from freezing.

Imagine what would happen if water became more dense? It would sink, allowing another layer of water to freeze. Eventually all the water across the entire surface of our planet would freeze, making life impossible.

world-water-day-3

world water day

 

 

                          Most of the parts on Earth are facing Shortage of water.

Most of them are from Africa,India,Mongolia,South America.People in these area can really understand the importance of Water conservation.

People should do their best to conserve water for three reasons. The less water used or wasted by people, the less clean water will become contaminated. In some cases, using excess amounts of water puts strain on septic and sewage systems, leading to contamination of groundwater, as untreated, dirty water seeps from the sewage system into the ground.

Water conservation reduces energy use and can even save households money. Most families pay to use water in their cities or regions. The less water a household uses, the less they have to pay each period. Appliances that use water, such as washing machines and dishwashers, also use a considerable amount of energy.

Conserving water now allows cities and regions to plan for more efficient use of the water resources in the future. If most of an area’s clean water is wasted, there will not be water for future generations to use, meaning the city will need to come up with new ways to produce clean, fresh water, which will ultimately be at the taxpayers’ expense.

             People can save water by making smart choices at home.and these small tries surely going to make a large difference.

 

005

004

 

“Carrying a child,A container of water weighing about 40 pounds and walking 5 miles under the hot sun could only realize the worth of the Water”

 

#Believe it or not
#Water is the driving force of the Nature.
#No #Water, No Life
#NO Blue, No Green
#Save Water Save World
http://bit.ly/2iIduCm

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Water-The Force that drives The Earth

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s