Road safety is very important while being on the road and should know by all because road accidents are the leading cause of death. Everyone should learn the road traffic and safety rules at a very early age to perform safer behaviors in the later life. According to the reports, road accidents accounted for 4, 64,674 accidents which caused 1, 48,707 traffic-related deaths in India till date. Please remember that “Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.”
Following are the road safety rules that should be followed:
- Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass on the opposite direction to pass.
- Drivers should be in slow speed while bending or turning on the roads.
- Take extra precaution while going on the over-crowded roads and road junctions.
- Bikers or people using two wheel vehicles must wear helmets of superior quality otherwise they should never go on the road without helmet.
- Speeds of the vehicles should be within the speed limit and slow especially in the areas of school, hospital, colony, etc.
- Every vehicle on the road should maintain the right distance among them to avoid collisions and accidents.
- Everyone using road should be well aware of the road signs and must follow rules.
- All the road safety rules and regulations must be in mind while traveling.
Remember one thing, “Rules are to be followed, not to be broken.” Lastly, I’ll conclude saying that, “Road safety is a state of mind and accident is an absence of mind.”